Calling All Alumni: Dance Marathon AIG is Looking for Board Members!
Are you interested in becoming a more active alumna/us in THON? Dance Marathon AIG provide that opportunity as it aims to promote a continuing relationship between students and alumni who care about THON by providing opportunities for alumni to give time, money and resources to aid The Four Diamonds Fund in the conquering of childhood cancer.
Now is your chance to join the Dance Marathon AIG Board of Directors! For the 2013-2014 year, Dance Marathon AIG currently has four positions open:
- Special Projects -
- THON Weekend Events Coordinator -
- Treasurer -
Hope Express Liaison:
• Support the founders of Hope Express (Hank and Connie Angus) from a DMAIG perspective
• Look to the future to help develop fundraising ideas and formulate future goals and objectives
• Align the goals of HE to incorporate alumni involvement
• Work to ensure the goals of all three programs (THON, DMAIG and HE) are met
• Work to get volunteers from the DMAIG community for special committees and events (i.e. moralers, white out, snowflakes)
• Work with Communications Director to send out messages and communication from Hope Express.
• Coordinate the HE Tunnel for HE runners at the Bryce Jordan Center
• Work with THON Weekend Director to incorporate HE events into the Alumni Weekend Schedule
• Responsible for overseeing the Dancer Couple process
• Coordinator dancer support activities and materials before and during THON Weekend
• Responsible for maintaining an archive of THON material and history and working on a THON history museum project with the appropriate captain
• Responsible for developing a system to collect all past significant documentation relating to DMAIG and maintaining a system to collect the data going forward.
• Write and present annual report of position at annual DMAIG Board Meeting at THON each February
• Other special projects as assigned
THON Weekend Events:
• Coordinate THON weekend activities for alumni. Current activities include DMAIG open / closed / Board Meeting, THON Alumni Reunion Happy Hour, DMAIG Alumni Reception, and behind the scene tours of the Bryce Jordan Center THON Weekend
• Communicate and work with Overall Committee on necessary approvals and timeline adjustments
• Plan all aspects of the 40th Anniversary Reception (including the catering, facilities, awards, program)
• Coordinate on stage DMAIG presentation
• Brainstorm new ideas to improve THON weekend for alumni
• Work with President, PSAA and Communications Chair to coordinate/publicize alumni events for the weekend
• Record and maintain all financial records.
• Report all financial transactions.
• File tax return, if necessary, by October 15th of each year.
• Transparency around finances. Sending out the budget for every monthly conference call.
• Financial year is now July 1-June 30